Who ever heard of describing barbeque on a grill as offensive? Apparently two men in Pinellas county found out last week that your neighbor can call an Air Quality Complaint on you if you decide to engage in such risky behavior! The Facebook video has gone viral over the past few days. Talk about hilarious! Warning: there are a few expletives expressed.
According to Pinellas County’s Official Government Website you can complain about the outdoor air quality. One just needs to:
- Clearly state your name, telephone number, and full street address;
- Describe the problem [smoke, odor, dust, etc.] and the impact;
- State the time and date when the problem occurred, and whether it is happening at the time of your call;
- State whether this problem has occurred in the past, and if so, when;
- State the direction the wind was blowing from at the time the problem occurred;
- State how long the problem lasted; and
- If you know the source of the alleged problem, state the business name or resident’s name and address.
Stories like these shed light on local laws and ordinances that encroach on our freedoms. All the more reason to vote in candidates that are champions for liberty and self governance. I guess the next time these gentlemen grill, they’ll have to make sure to contain the delectable smell of a BBQ. They should have known to check the airspeed velocity in the direction of their particular neighbor beforehand.